Thursday, February 14, 2008

Day 5 - Thirty-Six Days


Day 5 – Thirty-Six Days

What happens that opens your eyes to God? Is it music? Is it beauty? I wonder if there is some sensibility that God has placed within us that gives us glimpses. There are very few non-religious societies. People want more. They hope that there is a Force that will work with them, cooperate with them, enable them to survive and thrive.

The Teacher says, Ecclesiastes 3:10-11 (NIV) 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on men. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

I believe that there is a force that is interested in you and me. There is such a thing as Inspiration (in the New Testament the word is theo-pneustos, God-breathed). There is such a thing as Providence. God provides. I believe that God places people in your path. I believe that God opens doors for you. As you pray, God is involved in your inclinations. The Holy Spirit leads you, when you will allow (Rom 8:14).

As I sit down to my computer to write, I almost always pray with King David. Psalms 51:11 (NIV) 11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. I am praying for inspiration, for the Spirit of God, the Breath of God to exist in my mind so that I might be a vehicle for His Will.

That Presence gives me confidence, even at times audacity. Do you have that experience?

Not my will, Father, but yours be done!

No comments: