Monday, February 11, 2008

Day 2 - Thirty-Six Days


God says, "To whom will you compare me or count me equal?  To whom will you liken me that we may be compared?"  (Isaiah 46:5).  Human beings have always been trying to create a god that they could have some tangible contact with.  The ancients would make gods out of gold and silver.  These gods could not speak.  They could not keep themselves from being knocked over.  They did not have the power to move from place to place.  I suppose you could hug  god like that, but I am not sure it helped!
God, YHWH, speaks.  This God knows the very real you.  He knows our fears and weaknesses.  He knows you!  And loves you. 
Isaiah reports that God says, "My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please" (46:10).  It pleases him to love you.  It pleases him to set the world right.  It pleases him to use broken folk to accomplish his will on earth as it is in heaven.  That means that you are involved in the most important work in the universe.  You have a future!!

No comments: